María Eugenia López
TRANSPORT & MOBILITY
María Eugenia López is a Phd in Law and Master in Land Transport, sustainable transport and maritime transport. She is Associate Professor of Transport and Transport Economics at Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Caminos, Canales y Puertos at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. She was also visiting professor at La Sapienza University in Rome. She was member of the Board of Directors of the Transport Research Centre (TRANSYT), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, since 2004.
She was member of the following committees:
She was involved in several research project during the last years:
- European Conference of Transport Research Institutes (ECTRI) and Forum of European Road Safety Research Institutes (FERSI).
- Young Researchers Seminar Sustainability.
- EC - II Civitas Programme.
- Accessibility & livelihood of the city centre. Since 2006.
- Expert group-link project Forum on Passenger Intermodality.
- European Commission - VI Framework Programme .
- Context conditions por intermodality (2006-2007).
- Expert group. Knowledge Consolidation Sustainable Urban Mobility.
- Plans - ELTIS (European Local Transport Information Service) - European Commission.
- Representative of TRANSyT-UPM (Transport Research Centre_UPM)) to the CIVINET ESPAÑA-PORTUGAL network.
- CIVITAS PLUS MOVE EC Programme expert evaluator (2011).
- Reviewer for “Transport”, journal of the Institution of Civil Engineers (UK), since 2010.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the “International Journal for Traffic and Transport Engineering”, since 2011 (ISSN 2217-544X).
- Secretary of the Board of Directors of the FORO DE INGENIERÍA DEL TRANSPORTE, the Spanish Academic Network for transport engineering.
- Director of Educational Issues in the “Land Transport Specialization Course”, Fundación de los Ferrocarriles Españoles.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Transport Conference (the Spanish bi-annual professional and academic meeting).
As consultant, recently she was involved in:
- MORES. Statistical characterization of mobility and its relationship with the urban infrastructure and traffic safety) (2014-2015, Directorate -General for Traffic).
- ASCIMER Assessing Smart City Initiatives for the Mediterranean Region. European Bank Investment - BEI 2013-2015
- 3iBS, European Commission, European Commission- VII Framework Programme 2012-2014
- ICT EMISSIONS. Development of a methodology and tool to evaluate the impact of ICT measures on road transport emissions. VII Framework Programme 2012-2014
- COST Action TU 0603.BUSES WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF SERVICE FUNDAMENTAL CHARACTERISTICS AND RECOMMENDATION FOR DECISION-MAKING AND RESEARCH. 2007
- HIGH EFFICIENT AND RELIABLE ARRANGEMENTS FOR CROSSMODAL TRANSPORT (HERMES) 2009 –2011. European Commission- VI Framework Programme
- A comparative study and recommendations for best practices in operation, infrastructure, safe and health in road and railway transport in the European Union and Mercosur). 2009- 2010. Social Institute for cooperation development
- A METHODOLOGY FOR EVALUATION OF PROJECT IMPACTS IN THE FIELD OF TRANSPORT (METRONOME). 2008 –2009. European Commission – VI Framework Programme.
- SCIENTIFIC FORUM ON TRANSPORT FORECAST VALIDATION AND POLICY ASSESMENT (TRANSFORUM) 2004- 2006. European Commission – V Framework Programme.
- PLANNING AND URBAN MOBILITY (PLUME). 2002- 2005. European Commission – V Framework Programme.
- PROCEDURES FOR RECOMMENDING OPTIMAL SUSTAINABLE PLANNING OF EUROPEAN CITY TRANSPORT SYSTEMS (PROSPECTS). Enero 2002- Enero 2004. European Commission – V Framework Programme.
- HABIT AND INERTIA IN MODE CHOICE BEHAVIOUR: A DATA PANEL FOR MADRID (HABIT). 2011-2013. Spanish Ministery of Science and Innovation
- FURGOSEG: Development and application of an integrated methodology to analyse traffic accidents with urban freigh
vehicles involved. 2009- 2011. Spanish Ministery of Development
- A methodology to evaluate Urban Sustainable Mobility Plans. Optimum design of integral strategies. 2007-2009. Spanish Ministery of Development
- Air quality integration in urban sustainable mobility planning. Application to Madrid and Burgos). Spanish Ministery of Development
- Promotion of the bike as an usual mobility system. 2007- 2009. Spanish Ministery of Science and Technology.
- A methodology to foster sustainable alternative transport means at University campuses. 2007- 2009. Spanish Ministery of Science and Technology.
- National Strategy for Energy Saving and Efficiency) INSTITUTO PARA LA DIVERSFICACIÓN Y AHORRO DE ENERGÍA (IDAE). 2002-2004. Spanish Ministery of Industry.
- European Investment Bank (EIB). Consultant Support to the EIB for the Implementation of the ELENA (European Local Energy Assistance) Facility in Spain, Portugal and Italy (2010).
- BB&J Consult. Bogota’s Regional Transport Integrated System Framework Plan (2013)
- Venezia Port Authority. INWAPO Project - Upgrading of Inland Waterway and Sea Ports (2013-2014).
- Sener S.A.
- Transport organization for the Metropolitan Area of the Vigo’s Municipalities Association
- Strategic Traffic Plan for the Basque Country
- Proposal for the declaration of public service requirements for the Baleares Isles’ air routes
- Analysis for the funding and control public transport system in Santigo de Chile.
- Study for the tariff integration in Guipúzcoa
- Taryet, S.A. Urban Sustainable Mobility Plans for the following municipalities
- Valdemoro (2008)
- Murcia (2009)
- Alcalá de Guadai?ra(2008)
- Majadahonda (2009)
- Steer, Davies, Gleave
- Urban Sustainable Mobility Plan of the city of León
- Legal study on the state of the art of the Spanish urban transport
- Green Transport Plan for the Energy Agency of the Andalucía Region
- City of Ibiza (2012). Technical assistance for the implementation of the Ibiza Intermodal Center (CETIS)